Sunday, February 21, 2016

O Isn't Grace Wonderful

It had been a long week.  My daily schedule was an absolute mess. I was tired, irritable, cranky, and I missed my time alone with Jesus.  When I finally did get a chance to sit down and speak with Him for more than a few minutes, I found myself unable to focus on my requests.  I finally just said, "Jesus, I just don't feel like I deserve to ask for these things."  His sweet Spirit whispered to my heart some very comforting words: "Belinda, you have never deserved to ask for them."  

I smiled to myself.  I think He was smiling, as well.  He was right. I have never "deserved" anything from Him.  All of my struggles...all of my good intentions...all of my time spent in prayer...all of my deeds done for Him...nothing would ever cause me to DESERVE anything from Him.  

How cool is that?!  Hang on...it really is cool.  Stay with me a little longer.    

If it stopped right there - if I never deserved to request anything from the Lord, then all would be lost and hopeless. Yet, because of the powerful grace of Jesus, because of His endless mercy, because He gave me His Spirit...His life...His righteousness...because of these things, I can "draw near with confidence to the throne of GRACE, so that "I" may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16).

My standing before the Father has nothing to do with MY standing. Instead, it has everything to do with Jesus' standing before His Father.  He took my righteousness that was as filthy, nasty, putrid rags upon Himself and replaced my dirtiness with His own purity (Is. 64:6).  


Thank You, Jesus.  Thank You that I am free to come before my Father in heaven, because of You.  Thank You that You don't require perfection.  You require submission.   I praise You for Your grace today.  I praise You.    






No comments:

Post a Comment