Sunday, August 28, 2016

Wait on the Lord

I looked up this morning - as I do each morning - to quite a sight.  There, a relatively small, short-haired, light brown body stood, twitching fervently back and forth.  I wish you could see it.  There's not a lot of things more entertaining or more endearing to my heart.   

She - "Sugar" - sits at our back door in the morning.  She patiently and expectantly waits to catch a glimpse of someone - anyone - stirring.  At the first sighting, immediately her long legs pull her frame into the air, and her tail tosses her petite body into an almost convulsion-like behavior.  In Sugar's case, the tail truly does wag the dog. 

But the excitement doesn't end there.  Nope.  To her utter joy, Sugar is rewarded for her "waiting."  After all, how could you pass up saying "Good Morning" to someone or "some-dog" who is so excited to see you?  It's as if she cannot contain her joy at being in our presence, and we, in hers.  

That, my friends, is the same type of "waiting" that David encouraged us to do in Psalm 27.  "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." 

One way Scripture emphasizes something in the Word is by reiterating the same phrase over and over again.  Did you see something in that verse that was repeated?  Yep, "Wait on the Lord."  So, in other words, when you get tired of waiting for the Lord...wait some more!  

Oh, and it's not a drudgery to wait for Him.  It's an exciting, stirring anticipation that builds and builds until we see Him appear on the scene.  Then, the coolest thing happens.  We are rewarded by His presence, and He is THRILLED with ours.  

Beautiful, if I do say so myself.  
  
So, along with Sugar and King David, I encourage you, my sisters and brothers. Wait on the Lord.  Wait expectantly for Him.  Wait with anticipation, anxious to see what God will do. 

Wait for the Lord...again, I say...wait for the Lord.  

Thank You, Father, that You never leave me or forsake me, but rather walk along side me in this journey.  Help me to wait with expectation to see what You are going to do for me, through me, and in me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment