Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Me - On Being Grumpy!

My head is pounding. My back is aching. My eyes hurt. Yes, I'm sick - and so are three other people in my house! I woke up this way, and regardless of how much medicine or Vick's Vapor Rub I bathe myself in, I'll go to bed this way tonight. It stinks to be sick...and I'm sad to say that most of the people around me know how much I hate to be sick, because my actions and attitudes tell it all. You see, on occasion, when I feel this bad, I decide that it's okay to have a pity party - a party which includes me being miserable and making everyone else around me feel the same way.

I started thinking about my grumpiness today at lunch, rationalizing that because I feel bad, it's okay to be a little less tactful with my tongue. That is, until I began to think about Christ and how He responded to His own discomfort. He was beaten. He was bruised. He was pierced through for my transgressions. He was crushed for my sin. (Is. 53:5). And yet He uttered not a grumpy word. He was oppressed and afflicted, led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so He did not open his mouth. (Is. 53:7) Jesus didn't sin in the midst of His incomprehensible discomfort...and neither should I in the midst of my head cold.

Jesus, help me today to live as You lived, here on this earth. Help me to keep my mouth closed and my heart open to You. May my minimal discomfort only draw others to You. I love You, Jesus. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment