Monday, April 6, 2015

It's Not Too Late

"It's too late.  He's gone."

I can see Peter, in my mind's eye, muttering these words to himself over and over.  The One who had loved him - and Whom he had loved - was dead.  He saw it happen.  It was over. 

So, can you imagine the breathless expectation...the intense beating of his heart...the hope-filled excitement that raced through the veins of that guilt-ridden disciple as the women spoke of Christ's resurrection?  "Could it be?  Could it be that I'm not too late?  That He's not really gone after all?  Could it be that I might have a second chance - that I can at least tell Him that I really DO love Him and that I will NEVER deny Him again?  Could it be?" 

I would imagine thoughts like these spurred the disciple forward and out the door - sprinting in a race for his life to see the empty tomb for himself. 

And what did he find when he got there?  Was it true?  Was Jesus really alive? 

You'd better believe it.  It was true alright, and Peter would indeed receive that "second chance" from Christ.  His guilt would be cleansed, and the humbled, "fisher of men" would never be the same. 

What about you?  Had your "second chance" yet?  How about your third or fourth?  Or if you are like me...how about your trillionth? 

It's not too late, you know.  Jesus is still NOT dead.  If He were, there would be no need for me to write any of this.  Oh, I might be able to pat you on the back for the way you're proceeding up the corporate ladder or give you tips on how to better take care of your goldfish, but there would be no real swapping of life-changing information.  Sin would be sealed in our hearts, and a sign reading "Guilty" would be hanging over our heads. 

But as with Peter, it's not too late.  The "Guilty" sign can be removed permanently.  Jesus can trade that ratty old sign with a brand new one, glittering with gold and imprinted with the word "Forgiven." 



How about it?  Ready to swap signs? 

Dear friend, if you are not a believer, can I tell you with great sincerity and fear for your soul - one day, it WILL be too late.  One day, you will no longer have the chance to speak to Jesus about your guilt.  One day, forgiveness from Him will no longer be an option.  One day, your spirit will leave this place.  Will you be ready when it does?  Jesus is waiting.  He's waiting for you to lay aside your reservations and come running to find Him.  Tell Him NOW that you want Him to get rid of the gunk in your life...that you are ready to confess Him before men as the Savior of the world.  

Don't put this off anymore.  It's not too late...yet.  Forgiveness is still available. 

And that goes for you too, my Believing friend.  I also need to tell you - it's not too late.  You sin is not grievious enough to steal away your relationship from the One Who loves you.  It's not strong enough to continue to hold your hands in a vice grip and your heart in a guilt-ridden cage.  You don't have to remain this way. 

Jesus is alive.  It's not too late!  Forgiveness is still available.  As a matter of fact, He's waiting for you, too.  He's been missing your time with Him - your relationship with Him.  He wants you to speak with you right now.  Won't you turn and face your Savior - your Friend - your Jesus today? 

It's not too late! 

I praise You Jesus, that You are alive and well and sitting at the right hand of the Father - encouraging me, helping me, cheering me on.  I praise You that death could not hold You...that it had no power over You and therefore, will  have none over me!  Thank You that it's not too late for me to speak with You now...to fellowship with You...to tell You that I love You.  You are indeed, alive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment