Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't Lose Heart!

Happy New Year!!! I know…I’m only the 900th person to tell you that, I’m sure. We spent our New Year’s Eve in a hotel room, huddled in two beds, watching both the “ball” and the “peach” drop! It was the first time that all the kids had stayed awake past midnight, so it was a pretty neat experience.

Speaking of the New Year…I have one wish for you. Actually, it’s not a wish at all. It’s a promise. A long time ago, I memorized a verse of Scripture that the Lord has whispered into my heart over and over again. I don’t recall why I memorized it, but it sure has been a huge blessing to me - Galatians 6:9 – And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in good time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.

Now that’s something to rejoice over in the year to come. God tells us that if we don’t lose heart…if we don’t give up, we will reap a benefit. Something good will come from our perseverance.

Now, sometimes when I am having a hard day with my kids or with my own self (am I the only one who gets on my own nerves?), God encourages me with this verse. He reminds me, “Belinda, don’t give up. Don’t quit doing good, no matter what. Don’t let anyone or anything distract you from what you are supposed to be doing because I have something so great planned in this. No, you can’t see it right now, but oh how I can’t wait for you to see it soon. You will reap, Belinda. This ordeal will pass and as you struggle through it, doing just exactly what you are supposed to be doing, you will see it. You will see the reason…the purpose…you will reap, Belinda. Just don’t give up.”

So as the New Year begins, may I comfort you with the same words with which I have been comforted. Don’t lose heart in doing good on your job, when it seems no one is noticing. Don’t lose heart in doing good while raising your kids, when you don’t see results. Don’t lose heart in doing good to those who hate you and would love to see you fall. Don’t lose heart in doing good…period. For if you don't lose heart, Scripture promises that you WILL reap something good from sowing something good. Things may not turn around instantly for you. It may take a while, but the promise of God is still there. Let God handle the outcome…you just continue “doing good.”

Thank You, Father for never giving up on me…for never growing tired or weary in doing good for me and to me…for never losing heart. May I mirror that aspect of Your image, even today.

Be blessed in 2011, my brother and sister and may you never-ever-never-ever lose heart in doing good.

They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings as eagles. They will run and not GROW WEARY. They will walk and not faint. (Is. 40:31)

No comments:

Post a Comment