Sunday, February 6, 2011

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord...
Why? Is God who He claims to be? Is He able to be trusted? Is He capable of handling our lives? If your soul screamed "YES!" to these questions, as mine did, then let's trust Him. Let's believe Him. Let's know that He will not fail us.
...with all your heart...
He wants everything we are. He wants the whole heart - the damaged pieces, the hiding places, the insecurities. He wants it "all."
...And lean not on your own understanding.
Our flesh fights this. We want to lean on what we know. We want to hold fast to what we can see, on what we understand to be real. BUT God says we are NEVER to put our trust in what our frail little minds can comprehend. There's no way we can understand fully YET. One day we will know fully, just as we are fully known (I Cor. 13:12), but for now, we're told to not trust in our thoughts or emotions or circumstances. Instead, we're to put our trust in Him and what He says in His Word.
Acknowledge Him...
It's our duty and our privilege to bow and "bend the knee" when God the Father comes into our presence. He is our King...our Ruler...our Lord. His presence is not to be ignored, but honored - and we do so, by acknowledging not only His presence in our lives, but His leadership.
...in all your ways...
It's all or nothing. He desires our total attention - our total allegience to His authority in our lives - our complete and unconditional surrender.
...and He will direct your paths.
What a promise from the God of the universe in Whom there is no deceit - He will direct our paths.

Lord, I trust in You will all my heart. I choose not to lean on what I think to be truth or feel to be right, but instead acknowledge You as my God and my King. I surrender to what You have planned for me, and I "bend the knee" to You. Thank You, Father, that as I do this in every area of my life on a daily, minute by minute basis, You promise that You will direct me. I don't have to worry about where I'm going in life, for You're leading me and guiding me. Thank You for Your promise, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment