Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just got back into town. My husband's uncle died, so we made a sweeping trip through the states of NC, SC, and GA. It might sound like a sad occasion, but bittersweet would define it better. God showed up in a way I think none of us will ever forget. So many blessings came from our trip, and as we look back, I don't think we'll remember how long the road trip was, or how we got stuck in traffic or even how we were concerned we'd not make it back for church Wednesday night. Instead, I think we'll remember what a wonderful time we had seeing our family. I think we'll remember how much fun it was to see the kid-cousins all hanging out and trading silly bands on the pool table. I think we'll remember how much our hearts ache to be with them all again soon! That's what I think we'll remember, and I know that's what Uncle Bill would have wanted.

Grace - God giving us what we DON'T deserve.

I didn't deserve a wonderful trip, but God gave it to me.
I didn't deserve to spend lots of fun-time with my family, but God gave it to me.
I didn't deserve to fall in love with my newly-met cousins, but God gave it to me.
I didn't deserve to tour Cave Spring Cave with Grandpa and eat hot dogs with Uncle David, but God gave it to me.
I didn't deserve to laugh at America's Got Talent with Uncle Jim and get to use my limited sign language with beautiful Janet, but God gave it to me.
I didn't deserve God's protection, His care, His tenderness, His forgiveness, or His grace on this trip, but God gave it to me.

What's He given You?

Dear Jesus, thank You for always loving, always giving, always providing, protecting, holding, shielding, covering and showering me with Your grace. May I always be mindful that I deserve none of these things, but in Your grace, You give them freely and abundantly. May I repay Your kindness with love and obedience that comes from gratitude. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You.

There is none like You, O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. Ps. 86:8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment