Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You'll Never Find

I'm so blessed. After 17 years of marriage, my husband still sings over me. He waltzes into the kitchen while I'm making dinner and belts out "You'll never find...as long as you live...someone who loves you...baby like I do." For you younger ones, that's an old Lou Rawl's song. I know, you probably don't know who Lou Rawls is either, but Google him and the song on YouTube. You'll get a treat, I promise! Grant it, my husband's serenade is meant to bring laughter rather than admiration for his beautiful, deep voice, but it's great to be sung over anyway.

Confession time: My husband's not the only one who sings over me. There's another who's voice is the most amazing. It's deep. It's gentle. It's strong. If you've never heard it, you're missing something.

I do hope by now you've figured out I'm not speaking of another man at all. The other One is God, Himself. Zeph. 3:17 tells me something fascinating. It says He will rejoice over you with singing. Every time I read that, I am overwhelmed by God's love for me. He's just plain giddy over me sometimes, enough to sing. Wow. What a thought.

How about you? How long has it been since you thought about God singing over you? He does, you know. Why don't you take a minute right now to stop and let it sink in...He loves you. He cherishes you. He desires you. You make His heart sing. Now that you've got that settled and your heart is bursting with gratitude, start your day on that note. You truly will never find "someone who loves you, baby like He does!"

Father, Your love is amazing. It's far above anything I could ever ask or imagine. You love me. Wow. Thank You, Lord for singing over me...for making me feel special today. May I live a life of gratitude for Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment